But it occurred to us you may not know much about the Pecos Bill Boots company.
We decided to rectify that. We chatted with Alex Masso, who’s been with Pecos Bill Boots since 1999 and has served as its president for the past seven years. What emerged from the conversation were six things you may not know about Pecos Bill cowgirl boots.
1. Pecos Bill Boots aren’t a new kid on the block. The company was founded in 1967 in south Texas by Masso’s uncle, George Masso, who had a long history in retail and roper-style western boots. “He did business with Drysdales going way back,” Masso added. Pecos Bill Boots remains a division of International Manufacturing Group, an American corporation, in Edinburg, Texas.
2. For a long time, Pecos Bill boots were regional. Its sales territory was mainly limited to south Texas. “But a couple of years ago, we decided to open it up and starting selling more boots up north,” Alex Masso said. Pecos Bill boots are now sold all over America.
3. Pecos Bill boots’ unique style comes partly from craftsmanship. “There’s an actual love for the art of making the boots and styling the boots,” Masso said. “It’s not just something we throw together.”
4. Pecos Bill Boots prices its products competitively. “We engineer all our boots – from the purchase of materials to the styling – to be at the best possible price so we can pass it on to retailers and on to the consumer,” Masso said. “We’ve always been very watchful of that.”
5. Pecos Bill Boots keeps a relatively low profile. The company doesn’t have a website, a Facebook page, or a Twitter account. “Most of our efforts go towards the product and not to marketing and other things that would bump up the price on the boots,” Masso said. “It’s a product that sells great at the right price, and it speaks for itself.”
6. Pecos Bill hears a lot of praise about its boots’ comfort. “It’s the right fit,” he said. “Most of the compliments are that people can wear them all day long, not get tired, and not get their feet aching. It’s an all-around comfortable boot to wear.”
Although the company recently expanded its market area, Masso says he doesn’t have specific plans for the future. He said: “Wherever the Lord wants to take us, that’s where we’ll go.”
Here are more Pecos Bill cowgirl boots we offer. Click on the image for more product information: