The folks at Resistol recently produced this behind-the-scenes video of how its western straw hats are made at its factory in Garland, Texas. Company officers and employees also are interviewed about the hats.
A few takeaways from the video:
– “A cowboy that wears a Resistol hat, nine times out of 10 he’s wearing it because his father or grandfather wore it. They know every time they get a Resistol straw (hat), it’s going to be something that’s durable, comfortable, and they can depend on it.”
– Resistol has been making hats since 1927. “The vision then, as it is now, is to produce the best cowboy hat in straw or felt for the working cowboy.”
– Resistol’s factory features longtime employees who can spot imperfections in the hats and handle the them several times during the production process.
– Many of Resistol’s straw hats are designed to keep cowboys cooler in hotter climates — ventilated crowns, bigger brims for more shade, and specially made sweatbands.
– Resistol straw hats are more durable because of their stout weave design, plus a specialized lacquer that helps the straw construction hold up longer.
A few of the Resistol straw cowboy hats that we offer (click on the photo for product information):
Browse our stock of both straw and felt cowboy hats from Resistol. With Resistol’s longtime commitment to comfort and quality, you’ll be glad you did.