Drysdales has sold boots from the Ad Tec line for years. Ad Tec makes packer boots, motorcycle boots, lace-up work boots, logger boots, and roper boots.
June, our boot specialist in Drysdales’ call center, says Ad Tec packer boots “hold up very well” and are a “very good value for the price.”
However, it occurred to us that even fans of Ad Tec footwear may not know much about company itself.
We decided to rectify that by talking to Arnold Duan by phone at his office in City of Industry, Calif. Duan is president and co-founder of Hypard Trading Co., which makes several brands of shoes and boots, including Ad Tec.
Here are seven things you probably didn’t know about Ad Tec:
1. Duan earned an MBA at California State University. Drawing on his shoe-making background in his native Taiwan, he and his brother-in-law founded the company in Los Angeles in 1983. It started making canvas shoes, and prospered.
2. Duan’s company originally was called Safe Far Trading Co.
3. Severe currency depreciation in Taiwan during the 1990s nearly sunk the company and many other industries. Duan quickly moved his shoe-making operations to China and other Asian countries, and transitioned from manufacturing canvas shoes to boots.
4. The Ad Tec brand, which has existed for about 15 years, stands for Advanced Technology.
5. What sets Ad Tec apart? Duan said: “We have very strong production methods. We make a very good quality boot at a good price. That’s why we’re able to compete in the market.”
6. When Hypard starts a new line of boots or shoes, Duan says it uses lessons learned from previous production lines to make a better product.
7. The company has sold more than 30 million pairs of boots and shoes since its founding.
A few of the Ad Tec boots for women that we offer (click on the product for more information):
Here are a few of the men’s Ad Tech boots we sell:
We invite you to shop online for a wide variety of Ad Tec footwear that we offer.