If your job or to-do list includes work around flying sparks or open flame, give yourself more assurance to your personal safety with flame-resistant clothing.
Wrangler spells out how seriously it takes in designing its flame-resistant garments:
Recent government reports have noted that the #1 cause of severe and fatal burn injuries on the job is an individual’s clothing igniting and continuing to burn – not the source of ignition itself. The use of flame resistant clothing provides the necessary thermal protection at the area of exposure. The level of protection resides in the weight and composition of the flame resistant fabric. Once the source of ignition is removed, FR garments will self-extinguish, allowing precious escape time and limiting the percentage of the body that is burned. Even though a person caught in a flash fire or arc flash will most likely still have injuries, FR clothing can greatly reduce their severity. And in many cases, it can make the difference between life and death.
These garments also meet fire and electrical-safety requirements of the National Fire Protection Agency, American Society of Testing and Materials, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). So Wrangler and Riggs aren’t giving you just lip service on the safety of their flame-resistant clothes.
Drysdales is offering these styles of flame-resistant jeans from Wrangler or Riggs. First is Wrangler’s famous Cowboy-Cut jeans in a flame-resistant fabric:
The Wrangler FR Cowboy Cut jeans offer these features:
- Prewashed for a soft, comfortable feel
- High quality brass zipper with fire-resistant Nomex zipper tape
- Button waistband closure resists electrical arcs, with a concealed inner tack that reduces heat conductivity
- Flame-resistant heavy white front pocketing material
- Nomex fire-resistant thread is used in all garment seams
- Yellow FR designation on garment labels
- Leg openings fit over boots
- Guaranteed flame-resistant for the life of the garment if proper cleaning directions are followed
- Made of 100% cotton fire-resistant cotton
- Design complies with national safety agency requirements
Drysdales also offers Riggs Workwear flame-resistant carpenter jeans:
These carpenter jeans include a hammer loop on the side of one leg and tool-pocket detail.
Drysdales also is offering Riggs relaxed-fit jeans:
Features of both of these Riggs fire-resistant jeans include:
- Room2move fit gives you an improved fit in the seat, thigh, knee and bottom opening
- Action gusset allows more freedom of movement
- Half-inch-by-2 1/4-inch belt loops
- Triple-needle stitching makes the jeans more durable
- Electric arc-resistant button waistband closure with a concealed inner tack reduces heat conductivity
- High-quality brass zipper with Nomex flame-resistant zipper tape
- Extra-deep 13-inch flame-resistant front pockets
- Reinforced back pockets
- Oversized watch pocket
- Made of 100% flame-resistant cotton
- Design meets national safety agency requirements
Both of these shirts come with a comfortable relaxed fit, a front chest pocket, and safety orange outside tags for high visibility. They’re made of 100% fire-resistant jersey cotton. And, like the Wrangler and Riggs FR jeans, they meet national safety agency rules.
Both of these workshirts come with a comfortable relaxed fit, flap front pockets with pencil slot, a high-visibility safety orange IDs. And they meet national safety rules as well.
Finally, we’re selling this flame-resistant workshirt from Wrangler, in a blue color:
This workshirt comes with distinctive western styling, cuffs with three snap buttons each, two spade pockets with snap-button closure, and quarter-inch turned hem tails. Again, it’s made of 100% fire-resistant twill cotton, and it meets national safety standards.
Get your flame-resistant clothing from Drysdales so you can work with comfort and self-assurance.